SOMATIC MOVEMENT EDUCATION PROGRAM (SME)
“The interaction of fluids and their passage through the different membranes of the body is one of the alchemy factors that underlie homeostasis.”
– Bonnie Bainbridge Cohen
The fluids are the transportation system of the body. They underlie presence and transformation, set the ground for basic communication and mediate the dynamics of flow between rest and activity, tension and relaxation.
The characteristics of each fluid relate to a different quality of movement, touch, voice, and state of mind. These relationships can be approached from the aspects of movement, mind states, or from anatomical and physiological functioning.
August 5 – 11, 2027
Go to calendar
This course includes:
- The major fluids of the body (cellular, interstitial and transitional fluids, blood, lymph, synovial fluid, and cerebrospinal fluid).
- Distinguishing the qualities of specific fluids through movement and touch.
- Initiating movement from each of the fluids.
- Identifying individual psychophysical characteristics of each of the fluids and their various combinations.
- Gaining awareness of your own fluid affinities and recognizing their embodiment and expression in others
“I have been able to experiment with the fluids, recognizing and combining them and understanding how each one of them participates and supports different ways of expression and presence. Pedagogically they offer me a useful base from where to work with group diversity in a dynamic and nourishing way.“
– Andrea Hernández
“Through the fluids I have been able to rescue my idea and sensation of membrane. I have been able to give it back its permeable nature and intelligence to decide. From this place I can communicate differently; nourishing myself and others.”
– Anna Roblas
“I’m deeply touched and moved simultaneously by the impressions and resonance of the material in myself. A module that has truly worked as a transport system for the experiences pulsating from previous modules… it has reorganized me deeply and mysteriously.”
– Mónica Ezquerra
Make your payment two months before the beginning of the course and save 50€
This discount ends in:
Request more information
Please contact us for any further information. We also remind you that you can visit our frequent asked questions page