Meet the founder of Body-Mind Centering®, the School and the association
DVD’s on BMC®
Books about BMC®:
- Buy Bonnie Bainbridge Cohen’s books online.
- Bonnie Bainbridge Cohen, “Sensing, Feeling and Action” (4th Edition). Contact Editions, 2012, United States.
- Bonnie Bainbridge Cohen, “Basic Neurocellular Patterns, Exploring Developmental Movement”. Burchfield Rose Publishers, 2018, United States.
- Bonnie Bainbridge Cohen, “The mechanics of Vocal Expression” (2nd Edition). Burchfield Rose Publishers, 2015, United States.
- Linda Hartley, “Wisdom of the Body Moving: An Introduction to BMC®”. North Atlantic Books, 1995, United States.
- Gill Wright Miller, “Exploring BMC®: An Anthology of Experience and Method”. North Atlantic Books, 2011, United States.
Books referencing BMC®:
- Susan Aposhyan, “Body-Mind Psychotherapy: Principles, Techniques and Practical Applications”. Norton & Company, 2004, United States.
- Martha Eddy, “Mindful Movement: The Evolution of the Somatic Arts and Conscious Action”. Intellect Books, 2016, U.K..
- Susan Bauer, “The Embodied Teen, a Somatic Curriculum for Teaching Body-Mind Awareness, Kinesthetic Intelligence, and Social and Emotional Skills”. North Atlantic Books, 2018, United States.
- Annie Brook, “From Conception to Crawling. Foundations for Developmental Movement”. Ingram, 2001, United States.
- Beverly Stokes, “Amazing Babies Moving, Essential movement to enhance your baby’s development in the first year”. Move Alive Media, 2002, Canada.
Other Essential Bibliography:
- Andrea Olsen, “Bodystories: A Guide to Experiential Anatomy”. UPNE, 2004, United States.
- Deane Juhan, “A Handbook for Bodywork: Job’s Body”. Station Hill Press, 1987, United States.
- Don Hanlon Johnson (Editor), “Bone, Breath, & Gesture: Practices of Embodiment Vol. 1”. North Atlantic Books, 1995, United States.
- Don Hanlon Johnson (Editor), “Groundworks: Narratives of Embodiment”. North Atlantic Books, 1997, United States.
- Mabel Todd, “The Thinking Body”. Gestalt Journey Press, 2008, United States.
- Peggy Hackney, “Making Connections. Total Body Integration through Bartenieff Fundamentals”. Routledge, 2002, U.K..
- Thomas Hanna, “Bodies in Revolt: A Primer in Somatic Thinking”. Holt, Rinehart & Winston, 1970, United States.
- Currents: This is the yearly magazine published by the Body-Mind Centering® Association. Printed and online versions are free for BMCA members.
- Somatics Magazine.
- Journal of Dance and Somatic Practices.