Somatic Movement Education
Somatics is the field that studies the soma, the living body perceived in first person. Somatic education is the art and science interested in the processes of synergistic interaction between consciousness, biological functioning and the environment. Human beings are endowed with a developed consciousness that allows us to discriminate and know what happens inside us when we use this ability. This capacity for observation of oneself, and also of others, allows us to improve the functions and integration of the human body-mind by:
Postural and movement assessment.
The study of anatomy from an experiential perspective.
Movement patterns and their reeducation.
Communication and guidance through contact and verbal prompts.
Somatic Movement Education Program (SME)
The SME Program explores the richness of the relationships between body, mind, movement and hands-on as a means for our balance and learning. We experience and study the relationship of body systems and human development processes from an educational perspective.
Through this training you will know the fundamental layers and network of principles that constitute the richness of the practice of embodiment. The study is carried out through presentations of theoretical material, explorations through movement and hands-on techniques, and sharing the experiences that arise from the previous processes. Through the awareness of these processes we access our innate bodily wisdom.
- We refine the perceptual, kinesthetic, proprioceptive and interoceptive sensitivity that supports homeostasis, co-regulation and neuroplasticity.
- We recognize habitual perceptual, postural and movement patterns of interaction with the environment.
- We improve movement coordination that supports expressive and functional structural integration.
- We experience an embodied sense of vitality and create both meaning and vital joy.
Students will learn to work with:
- People with movement problems caused by injury and/or pain, developmental and/or brain dysfunction.
- People who need to develop a more efficient (effective) movement, such as dancers, athletes or people with limited mobility.
- People who want to be in contact with or learn more about their bodies, about themselves and/or about the connection between their body and their mind/consciousness.
The tools of the SME Program have professional applications:
- Workers in the fields of movement, bodywork, massage or somatic education who want to expand their skills.
- Health Professionals, Doctors, Physiotherapists, Physical, Occupational, Speech and Hearing Therapists.
- Psychologists and psychotherapists, and social workers.
- Workers in the field of Dance, Performing Arts and Music.
- Yoga and Sports workers.
The educational program consists of 12 courses and 525 hours of on-site study. The courses that make up the program can be carried out independently, attending to the needs and interests of the students.
Body Systems Courses
- Skeletal System | Know more
- Organ System | Know more
- Muscle System | Know more
- Fluid System | Know more
- Ligamentous & Fascial System | Know more
- Endocrine System | Know more
- Nervous System | Know more
- Senses & Perception 1 | Know more
- Ontogenetic Development | Know more
- Basic Neurocellular Patterns (BNP) | Know more
- Primitive Reflexes, Righting Reactions and Equilibrium Responses (RRR) | Know more
Courses on the Transition to the Professional World
- Professional Issues | Know more
- Competency | Know more